Hands on Work
(choose from opportunities described below.)
The following opportunities are great for kids, teens, adults, and families or groups. Volunteers under 13 years old must be supervised by a responsible adult:
- Donation Materials Organizer: Organize donations into the two donation rooms at the Family Center.
- Meal Hosting: Provide, prepare, and serve the families while keeping them engaged. If your group would like YWCA staff to prepare the meal, and provide a donation towards the cost of the food, please let us know.
- Activities Leader: Host an activity for families ranging from arts & crafts, to puppet shows, or educational lessons.
- Garden/ Landscape Assistant: Perform routine garden and landscape maintenance for “Growing Home Community Garden” which supplements the kitchen with fresh fruits and vegetables. The garden is also used as a teaching tool for the after school programs and adult nutrition. Requested assistance includes: weeding, watering, planting, construction, and plant care.
These opportunities are available for teens or adults:
- Lunch Server: Help to serve lunch prepared by our kitchen staff.
- Babysitter/ Child Engagement: Assist parents by providing child care while they partake in enrichment classes.
Run a Collection Drive
Host a donation drive for regularly needed items. We are always in need of basic care items such as diapers, wipes, deodorant, and shampoo. Check our wishlist posted on this site or visit our website www.ywcacolumbus.org for our most needed items.
Who can help: Anyone!
Contact YWCA Columbus under the ‘Contact’ tab on the menu to your left to set up volunteer opportunities or service projects!