Project L.E.A.P (Learning, Empathy, Action, Purpose) is being developed specifically for middle schools and their students. For students who participated in our elementary programs, it will build upon the skills that students have already started to develop. For those students who are new to service-learning, it will give them the opportunity to build and grow important life skills. The driving principle of See Kids Dream’s service-learning programs is that students are empowered to decide how to help community issues that are important to them.
**Current Educational Partners: click HERE to access the Educator Resource Center
Why Service-Learning in Middle School?
- Develops skills in critical thinking, problem solving, leadership, decision making, collaboration and communication.
- Gives them real-world application of skills that can be connected to academic subjects and places of employment while using applying what they have learned to address community needs.
- Helps build positive relationships within their school and community.
- Allows for a deeper understanding of themselves, social issues within the community, while developing empathy and respect for others.
- See Kids Dream’s mission is to empower youth with the skills, motivation, and confidence to make the world a better place.
- See Kids Dream want to grow a community of diverse and engaged students who will see themselves as the drivers of social impact.
- See Kids Dream wants to help students become the next generation of compassionate leaders.
- See Kids Dream will begin piloting Project L.E.A.P. during the 2024-2025 school year.
- For interest and more information regarding Project L.E.A.P., please contact: Alisha Artis, Middle School Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or Brenda Buchy, Executive Director, email@example.com
- To keep up to date on what’s happening at See Kids Dream, sign up to receive our newsletter at Contact Us! | See Kids Dream