Thank You First Responders and Healthcare Workers video campaign
Want to show first responders and emergency volunteers your gratitude? Create a video “thank you card” for all those in your community who are helping those in need right now.
Why is it important?
Responding to a community crisis can be a very difficult and dangerous job. First responders and healthcare workers put themselves in harm’s ways to help keep all of us safe and care for those who need help and it’s important for us to show them how much they are valued and appreciated for the job they are doing and the sacrifices they are making. Reaching out to them and recognizing them can make all the difference in their feeling appreciated and valued.
What do you need?
- Paper, card stock or construction paper
- Markers, paint and paintbrushes, or colored pencils
- Cloth, tissue paper, glitter and other craft materials
- Device to record you video
What step do you need to take?
- Research local stories about first responders and healthcare workers who are dealing with the current crisis.
- Brainstorm things you may say in your video and write a script for how you want to thank the first responders and healthcare workers.
- Create “Thank You Cards” with pictures and notes expressing your gratitude for their work to share in your video.
- Record yourself telling the first responders and healthcare workers how much you appreciate all they are doing.
- Share and post your video online (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube) and tag @seekidsdream so we can share it with others
How did it go?
- How do you think the person who sees your thank you video will feel?
- Who else does important community work and could benefit from recognition?
- Do you think this project made a difference?