Share your Favorite Book with Others
Do you have a favorite book that you could read over and over? Wouldn’t it be great to share it with others? You can by recording yourself reading it and then sharing it on social media!
Why is this important?
With schools and libraries closed for right now, some other kids may not have the same access to books as you do, so why not share your favorite one with them! Sharing a good book can spark someones imagination, introduce them to new things and new words, and help them feel connected to others.
What supplies do you need?
- Your favorite book
- A devise to record you reading your book
What steps do you need to take?
- Pick out your favorite book you want to share with others.
- Practice reading the book out loud to family members
- Make sure to read slowly and loudly so everyone can hear your wonderful words.
- Don’t forget to show them the pictures!
- When you are ready, find a comfortable place to sit so you can be recorded reading your book.
- Make sure you introduce the name of the book and the author and illustrator before you start reading….you might even want to share why it’s your favorite book!
- Record yourself reading your book!
- Don’t forget to speak slowly and loudly so everyone can hear you!
- Don’t forget to share the pictures!
- Encourage others to share their favorite book too!
- Share and post your video online (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) and tag @seekidsdream so we can share it with others
How did it go?
- Were you nervous about making your video?
- How did you feel when you were done?
- How do you feel other kids felt when they got to hear your favorite book?