Prepare an Emergency Kit
Prepare an Emergency Kit in case you or someone in your house needs to get medical help at the hospital and they may not be able to have visitors.
Why is it important?
In the case of an emergency, it can be very stressful to feel unprepared. If you have an emergency kit prepared ahead of time, you will be less stressed and more prepared in the case of you or someone in your house becomes sick and needs medical attention.
What supplies do you need?
- A small bag or box
- Cell phone charger
- Charger for any electronics you bring
- Insurance information
- Medical information/history
- Any other important paperwork (birth certificate, social security card, etc)
- Extra clothes (Things you might want to include: pjs, robe, underwear, socks, slippers, etc.)
- Small items to keep you busy (cards, book, coloring book, crayons)
- Notebook and pencil
- Anything else you think you may need
What steps do you need to take?
- Gather a box or small bag and all of the supplies.
- Put all of the supplies into the bag or box.
- You can decorate the bag or box with your family.
- Make kits for your family members!
How did it go?
- How did it feel to prepare these emergency kits?
- Do you feel more prepared for an emergency?
- Are there other items that were not mentioned that you think should be added to an emergency kit?