What if you could easily do something every day that could help you be happier? There is! It’s called gratitude journaling, and making an entry every day can help you remember what good things are happening in their lives when things don’t seem so good…. now make one for yourself.
Why is it important?
Studies show that practicing gratitude makes you happier. If you focus on the things that you are thankful for—on a daily or weekly basis—you will feel more positive. Gratitude journaling can help you in many parts of your life!
What supplies do you need?
- Cereal box
- An assortment of sheets of papers (colored paper, scrapbooking papers, previously made artworks, unused pages from notebooks, recycled paper bags, etc.)
- Tape (decorative if you have it)
- Markers, Colored pencils, or paint
- Old magazines or greeting cards to use on the front cover
- Journaling Ideas sheet
What steps do you need to take?
- Decide what size your journal will be.
- Cut both a front and a back cover from the cereal box cardboard or other thin cardboard.
- From the variety of papers you’ve collected, stack a batch together to serve as the inside pages of the journal.
- Trim all of the pages to fit inside the covers.
- Decorate the front cover of your journal. You can use old greeting cards, pictures from magazines, or your own artwork onto the front cover.
- Line up all the pages inside the front and back covers and staple along the book spine. Cover the staples along both the front and back of the journal spine with strips of tape.
- Print the Gratitude Journal – Journaling Ideas page to glue or tape inside the front cover.
- Now your journal is ready to be filled with the positive things in your life! Write about as many things as you can. Try to write every day to form a positive habit. Your entries can be a list of things you are grateful for or a story about a particular event or use one of the prompts we have provided when you need help getting started.
Want to learn more?
- Check out this Kid President video on 25 Reasons To Be Thankful