Help for the Homeless Letter Writing Campaign
Help request support for those who can’t ask for support themselves by writing letters or doing a social media campaign making our representatives and senators aware of the need.
Why is it important?
During this time of we need to make sure that we can do whatever we can to help everyone in our community. One thing we can do it write letters or make social media posts urging our representatives and senators to make sure they think about our homeless population when they are making plans to help people and businesses in our communities.
What supplies do you need?
- Device to record video for social media
What steps do you need to take?
- Do some research! Learn about Homelessness by checking out our page on Homelessness.
- Learn about some of the organizations in our community that are helping those who are homeless by using our tool Search for an Organization.
- Start your letter writing campaign or social media post! Draft a letter or create a social media post (it can a video too!) asking representatives and senators to protect those who are homeless by supporting the organizations who are serving them.
- Share your letter or social media posts with your family, friends, and community members and ask them to write letters or post on social media too!
- Mail the letters to your representatives and senators or tag them in your social media posts (Be sure to tag @SeeKidsDream too if you post on social media!)
- Thank the people who helped write letters or make social media posts.
How did it go?
- Did you learn something new about homelessness?
- Are there other ways you can help spread knowledge about the organizations that are helping the homeless?
- How did you feel about getting the word out about remembering the homeless during this crisis we are facing?