Hand Washing Awareness Campaign
Learn about hand washing and how it fights the corona virus, then create a video with instructions on how to wash hands properly (and why it’s important!) and share your video with friends, to spread the word!
Why is it important?
Hand washing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick. Learn when and how you should wash your hands to stay healthy.
What supplies do you need?
- Hand soap
- Hand towel or paper towel
- Device to record video
What steps do you need to take?
- Learn how to safely wash your hands by visiting the CDC website
- Practice washing your hands safely following the 5 steps to clean hands
- Create a script for what you want to say to others about hand washing (Be creative and have fun with it!)
- While you wash your hands, sing a song that lasts 20 seconds or create a new song that you can sing while washing your hands (I’m sure you can get really creative with some fun lyrics for your new song!)
- Record yourself telling others how to wash their hands safely and share your new song if you create one (Don’t forget to have fun with it!)
- Don’t forget to speak slowly and loudly so everyone can hear you!
- Share and post your video online (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or TikTok) and tag @seekidsdream so we can share it with others
How did it go?
- Do you learn something new about hand washing?
- What was the easiest part of this project?
- What was the hardest part of this project?
- Do you think this project make a difference?
Want to learn more?
- Try this science experiment from COSI to see what hand washing does to dirt: Soap: How does it work?
- Contains activities for all age groups